- To provide ongoing educational activities, seminars, and conferences in the US as well as in India.
- To encourage research projects jointly between the two countries in the area of sleep medicine.
- To develop visiting fellowships for sleep physicians in both countries to gain experience from each other.
- To initiate an Indo-American SIG at the annual sleep meeting.
- To have a yearly dinner meeting along with the annual sleep meeting.
- Setting up a non-profit account for charities, fund raising, setting up scholarships with corporate help.
- Media and press meeting in India to improve sleep awareness
- To have an email sent periodically to section members on activities of the organization.